How to know if you qualify:
We would love for you to call St. Anthony Mills Apartments "HOME". Our rental Application is $45.00 per adult and non-refundable, so to save time, please make sure you meet all the requirements listed below.
MARKET RATE REQUIREMENTSTo qualify applicants must be able to answer "YES" to the 2 following questions which explain the requirements to apply to our Market Rate units.
1. (YES or NO) We must be able verify all sources of income and all household members planning to stay with us must make a determined amount. Do you make 2.5x the monthly rent amount?
2. (YES or NO) Do you meet our application selection criteria guidelines within these reports? Rental History Report, Criminal Background Check, Credit History. CLICK HERE for our Full Rental Criteria.
If you answered "NO" to any of these questions, unfortunately you are not currently qualified to apply at this time.
If you answered "YES" to these questions, please CLICK HERE to explore our available floorplans.
SECTION 42 REQUIREMENTS
To qualify applicants must be able to answer "YES" to the 4 following questions which explain the requirements to apply to our Section 42-Income Restricted affordable units.
1. (YES or NO) We must be able verify all sources of income and all household members planning to stay with us must make a determined amount. Do you make 2x the monthly rent amount?
2. (YES or NO) Our Section 42 Units are 60% income restricted. Is your Annual income at or below the limits listed:
1 Person must make under $44,100.00 annual gross income.
2 Persons must make under $50,400.00 annual gross income collectively.
3 Persons must make under $56,700.00 annual gross income collectively.
4Persons must make under $62,940.00 annual gross income collectively.3. (YES or NO) Is there at least one member of the household that is not a full time student? *Some exceptions are included here.
4. (YES or NO) Do you meet our application selection criteria guidelines within these reports? Rental History Report, Criminal Background Check, Credit History. CLICK HERE for our Full Rental Criteria.
If you answered "NO" to any of the four questions, unfortunately you are not currently qualified to apply at this time.If you answered "YES" to all four questions, please CLICK HERE to explore our available floorplans.
**There are occasionally Section 42 apartment homes that are 50% income restricted. Please contact us for more information.
Full Rental Criteria
General Occupancy Standards:
• Efficiency 1 person
• Efficiency Plus 1 – 2 people
• 1 Bedroom 1 – 2 people
• 2 Bedroom 2 – 4 people
Minimum 12 consecutive months verifiable housing history within the last year. Gaps in housing within the last year must be explained.
In addition, the HTC units cannot be rented to full-time student households unless certain criteria are met in accordance with Section 42 HTC guidelines. The site manager has a copy of the HTC manual that you may reference to find out what the exception rules are.• Background Checks: The owner/agent will obtain a criminal background check on applicants 18 or older. This check will include all states in which the applicant has lived for at least the past 10 years. Additionally, all applicants will be screened through the national sex offender registry. Also included in this check are a housing background check and a credit report. The application fee is $45.00 per adult. This is non-refundable. The fee is to cover the cost of a third party completing the background check and to provide a same and consistent level of screening. This fee is not an obligation to rent an apartment nor is it a contractual agreement or guarantee that an apartment will be rented to the applicant.
• Housing History. Must have good housing history. Reasons for denial may include, but are not limited to:
• Poor housing history as evidenced by more than 1 late payment in 6 months or more than 2 late payments in 7 to 12 months of most recent tenancy, evictions, complaints from neighbors, damage to unit or common areas, poor living or housekeeping habits.
• Lease terminations and/or “agreements to vacate”.
• Any unpaid rental obligation unless verifiable payment plan.
Rental history within the past two (2) years should not include an Eviction Action (aka Unlawful Detainer or UD). While an Eviction Action may be cause for denial, management will review these on a case-by-case basis. Applicants are encouraged to provide verifiable documentation that will assist management in making their final decision.
• Criminal Background will be reviewed as followed. An application WILL be denied due to the following criminal activity:
• Any arson conviction(s) within the past 7 years;
• Sex Offender Registration: Applicant is subject to registration under a sex offender registration program;
• Any felony first degree criminal sexual conduct conviction(s) within the past 10 years of conviction;
• Any felony sex crime conviction(s) within the past 7 years or gross misdemeanor or misdemeanor conviction(s) within the past 3 years;
• Any felony criminal conviction(s) within 10 years of conviction involving crimes of physical violence to persons or property; this includes, but is not limited to first, second- and third-degree murder, first degree manslaughter, first degree assault, kidnapping, aggravated robbery, first degree criminal sexual conduct;
• Any felony criminal conviction(s) within 7 years or gross misdemeanor, misdemeanor conviction(s) within 3 years involving crimes which may endanger the health, safety or welfare of other residents, owner or management staff including but not limited to reckless endangerment, aggravated or simple robbery, assault, crimes involving illegal use of weapons, prostitution and terroristic threats, domestic violence, endangering a child;
• A history of criminal activity involving gross misdemeanor and misdemeanor conviction(s) of crimes of physical violence to persons or property within the past 3 years;
• Any criminal conviction(s) of felony, gross misdemeanor or misdemeanor crime(s) involving housing subsidy fraud or other fraud involving housing within the past 3 years;
• Any felony level drug conviction(s) within the past 7 years or gross misdemeanor or misdemeanor conviction(s) within the past 3 years for the selling, dealing, trafficking or manufacturing of illegal drugs;
• Any felony level drug conviction(s) within the past 5 years or gross misdemeanor, misdemeanor conviction(s) within the past 3 years for the use or possession of any illegal drug or drug related paraphernalia or possession with intent to sell;
• If the applicant is violating a condition of probation or parole under Federal or State law;
An application MAY be denied due to the following criminal activity:
• Sex Offender Registration: Applicant has ever been subject to registration under a sex offender registration program;
• The existence of pending legal issues involving criminal activity, to include warrants, but not including petty misdemeanor traffic violations or misdemeanor traffic violations, and/or possible incarceration at the time of application;
• Credit History will be reviewed as followed:
• Inconsistent or repeated late or non-payment of rent/mortgage and/or housing related costs included but not limited to utilities or other housing related expenses may be cause for denial.
• The owner/agent reviews each adult applicant’s credit/housing payment history. The owner/agent does not consider medical bills/expenses or student loans when reviewing credit history. If the applicant has no credit history, the credit screening will be considered “positive.”
• Overall negative credit history will be considered on a case by case basis and may be a reason for denial.
• Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
• Income Requirements: Total household income must be equal to or greater than two (2) times the monthly rent unless the applicant(s) can demonstrate a history of successful rent payment with an income less than two (2) times the rent.
• An insufficient or unstable source of income which would affect the ability to pay rent and utilities may be a reason for denial.
• The full security deposit of $400.00 must be paid before move-in.
• Purposeful falsification, misrepresentation or withholding of information or submission of inaccurate and/or incomplete information on any application or during the interview related to eligibility for admission, family composition or other pertinent information may be cause for denial.
• Actions by applicant or applicant’s household whether verbal or non-verbal that harass, intimidate, threaten or are perceived by management to harass, intimidate or threaten the health or safety of site staff or interfere with the management of the property/development may be cause for denial.
• Pre-lease deposit: In order to hold an apartment for you during the application process, we require a $100 pre-lease deposit. Please refer to the pre-lease deposit form for all terms and conditions.
Each application is considered on a case-by-case basis, and the items above are intended as a general guide to qualifications. All applicants must meet Management guidelines. In addition, applicants applying for an HTC unit must also meet the Section 42 HTC guidelines (and HOME guidelines, if applicable).